Hello! We're looking to grow our small but mighty and passionate team here at The Everyday Co.
When I built this company three years ago, I knew I always wanted to keep production in-house for as long as I could help it. No factories. Made locally. We work hard and are extremely precise, but having production happen right here in our studio allows us to make product that we are proud of and can stay by. Every detail is accounted for. From our Signature Napkin to our beautiful Throw Pillows and custom Wedding Invitations, the variety keeps us on our toes. Everything we make shows our handmade process and becomes a part of someone's less-wasteful home.
We are aggressively looking for a hard-working, talented and passionate, part-time production sewer to join our team starting this May/June.
Please review the job description below. You can apply below or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you think you have what it takes to join a small business. If you are contacted for an interview, please bring sample garments, quilts, and projects that exemplify your craft, skill set, and style.
WHO WE ARE
The Everyday Co. is a small-batch, cloth-goods company based upon the idea of simple living. Each of our products is meant to be used and loved every day. Our current line-up includes: napkins, hand towels, zippered throw pillows, coasters, monogrammed handkerchiefs, and baby burpies. Each product is made from linen and cotton fabrics, and cut, sewn, and finished by hand in our small studio.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR...
Intermediate to Advanced Stitcher/Sewer
Part-time (2-3 days a week) in our studio
Start: May/June 2018
JOB EXPECTATIONS & Responsibilities
- Follow construction specifications outlined in our Standards Handbook
- Wash and iron fabric yardage, and cut on grain into standard sizes for our various products.
- Create a variety of cloth products using both a serger and a standard sewing machine.
- Hand finish products with consistency (will be taught)
- Finish projects and meet deadlines on time, including rush projects for partners and publications
- Strong attention to detail, including ability to recognize inconsistent stitching or poor thread tension and cut fabrics on grain.
- Hand embroider custom products, including handkerchiefs and baby burpies
- Quality control
- Manage product inventory, including updating our online store, maintaining stock minimums, and reporting when stock is low
- Do monthly inventory check of our fabrics and report yardage amounts remaining on the bolts.
- Collaborate with our Creative Director to prototype new products
- Process, package, ship, and complete orders from our website and partners
- Maintain an organized and clean studio
- Organize and monitor studio and shipping supplies, and reorder when necessary
Qualifications & skillset
- Passionate, enthusiastic, consistent in quality
- Strong machine sewing and serger skills including, but not limited, to:
- How to thread, operate, and troubleshoot a standard sewing machine (straight and zig zag stitch)
- How to thread, operate, and troubleshoot a serger (preferred, but can train the right person)
- Learn to adjust thread tension for individual products, based on fabric type and thread being used
- How to wind a bobbin; sew/install a zipper
- General knowledge of fabrics, including linen, cotton, double gauze, and more.
- Basic knowledge of hand embroidery for handkerchiefs and special projects, including split stitch and backstitch.
- Able to perform repetitive tasks with consistency
- Inspired to contribute new ideas and make our products better
- Follows color trends
- Pulse on lifestyle, home decor, and interior trends
- Some knowledge of our brand, history, and mission
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Works well with a small team; flexible; hands-on
- Self-motivated with strong problem-solving skills
- Punctual; reliable
DETAILS & NOTES
Off I-93 South in Dorchester, about 15 mins from downtown Boston and within walking distance of the MBTA Red Line (Fields Corner) with plenty of available free street parking
If contacted for an interview, please bring samples of your sewing which demonstrate your craftsmanship and skill.
Compensation: hourly plus studio privileges and perks
The hired candidate will under go training with lead stitcher and owner.
Scroll down to apply.
APPLY BY EMAIL OR APPLY HERE...
We will contact you if we'd like to speak with you further. If you are contacted for an interview, be prepared to bring samples of your sewing which best demonstrate your craftsmanship and skill. Thank you!
Beautiful photography by Lindsay Hite